Over 125 years ago, the Packer House threw open its doors to some of the weariest travelers and most prestigious guests who rode the rails. We’d like to welcome you with the very same warmth and old-fashioned elegance – laugh with loved ones over candlelit conversations, lean back and enjoy the evening in an ornate wooden armchair, or dance all night under our gleaming copper ceiling. Step back with us to a time when service was personal, events were intimate, and life was slower. Welcome, and welcome back. Let’s make some memories.
Put your feet up
Your celebration should be just that – a celebration. We know just as well as you do that there’s
a lot more to a special occasion than a beautiful setting, and we want you to enjoy every moment
of your event, without being bothered by having to take care of every little detail.
That’s why our standard house fee includes access to everything – public spaces with 13 foot high ceilings, an outdoor patio, and convenient parking for you and your guests. Our dedicated event coordinators will help you every step of the way, and an event manager will be on hand during your entire celebration so you don’t need to worry about a thing. We also provide tables with hand-pressed table linens and napkins, set with our finest china, silverware, and glassware.
The house decorations are included, too, because we think every corner should look special. And our handsome, old-fashioned wooden house chairs are included as well, so sit back, relax, and savor every magical second.
Event Consultants Christine Shemory and Lori Garman
House Specialties… you deserve it
No two people are alike, and this occasion is just for you. We offer all kinds of special services, ensuring that your event is a custom, one of a kind celebration. These are just a few of the little extra touches that we can provide to make your event exactly what you’ve been searching for all along.
- The Nicole Room alone can accommodate 65 guests, while the Chelsey Room provides seating for 100 guests. So, even your cousin from Rhode Island can come for our first class treatment. We’ll be looking forward to meeting him.
- If you’ve decided that our entire first floor is the only way to go, both rooms will accommodate 160 guests. We can accommodate up to 200 people if you choose to replace our extra large chairs with smaller armless chairs, and we’d love to fill the house.
Kitchen Facilities and Privileges
- Our full service kitchen is available for cooks, caterers, and creative customers alike. Whether you’ll be preparing the cuisine or you’d like someone else to do so, we offer the amenities to make the finest meals possible. We can offer our recommendations for caterers if you’d like, as well.
- We want you to have all of your favorite drinks to accompany your delicious meal, so we provide several beverage options. We are a BYOB establishment, so if you’d like beer, wine, champagne, or liquor with any mixers or garnishes, you, the client, need to provide it. Just bring it in (at least 24 hours before your event) and bring your favorite bartender, and we’ll do the rest – here at the House we can provide you with all the glassware, ice, and napkins you might need. We’ll also chill and handle all of the alcohol you’ve provided. $1 per guest fee, minimum $75.
- We also offer a deluxe beverage service, which includes all the ice, soft drinks, iced tea, and coffee that you and your guests can drink. This can be in addition to or independent of bar service for alcoholic beverages. $2 per guest.
- Our heavy purple plush carpet isn’t the best for dancing, but never fear. Our hardwood dance floor is at your service – dimension and location can be adapted to your wishes.
- Make your meal both a culinary and visual feast with your choice of our custom designed centerpieces. We create these special decorations in-house, so you’re sure not to find them anywhere else. Some of our favorites have been cut crystal, glowing candles, and flowing pearls, just to begin.
- For your special day, we’d like to give you the whole nine yards. Our special wedding packages are all inclusive.
- Are lilies of the valley your favorite flower? Maybe the birthday boy’s favorite pastime is tennis. Does Mom collect teapots? Whatever your special color, interest, or idea may be, our event planners love creating unique experiences. One of a kind parties, weddings, and anniversaries are our specialty, and we offer everything you’ll need from start to finish, including planning, decorations, centerpieces, favors, and a personal event manager to pull it all together. Prices to be negotiated upon consultation.
Please call 570-566-7374 for Rates.